Intelligent Design and Complexity of Life Systems Beg the Impossibility of Random Chance to Make Even a Blade of Grass or a Snowflake
Newsweek’s “CAN SCIENCE PROVE GOD DOESN’T EXIST?” (11/3/17) begs an answer that is supported by Intelligent Design, Complexity of DNA and other scientific reasons.
“Mainstream media loves to quote scientists whose theories conflict with the Bible,” says Richard Ruhling, an MD with a 2nd degree in science (chemistry). He offers the following view.
1. In this Information Age, a mathematician at the University of Texas estimated that no one knows more than 1% of all knowledge–so what are the chances of God being in the other 99% of information that some scientists aren’t looking at or who fail to see Intelligent Design?
2. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics says the energy systems of the universe tend to run down unless acted upon by an outside Force. Call it what you like but a jumbo jet didn’t come from an explosion in a junk yard. How did nicely rounded planets come from an explosion? How did Saturn get 53 moons and Jupiter 67? Did they come from explosions there? All at once? How did life begin on earth, a sterile rock coming from the sun? How did water get here? Disbelief in the Bible begs questions that science can’t begin to address.
3. The complexity of the DNA molecule, when understood by famed atheist Antony Flew, compelled his switching to a belief in God, Google. Evolution by random molecules bumping into each other is ludicrous. And where did the molecules come from?
4. The complexity of numerous body reactions like the clotting of blood or the formation of the human eye is such that, like a mouse trap, all parts have to be there and work at the same time—it doesn’t evolve. Did women evolve at the same time that man did, so that after he evolved, they could procreate before he died? What did he eat? Did plants evolve just in time; how did they grow without his cultivating them, or what did he eat while cultivating them?
5. 55 years ago, this author attended a meeting in Washington DC where hundreds of scientists believed in the biblical account of creation. Many scientists do not, Faith is based on evidence of what we are willing to believe, but it’s not something provable. If there were ‘proof,’ then we would be forced to worship God, but force destroys love that He wanted in the relationship, just as we want children who love us as the basis of obedience, not our standing over them with a stick. For those who understand this, life is great, God is good, the Bible is true, and there’s a destiny that we should not trade for all the bickering among those who “don’t get it.”
Dr. Richard Ruhling is author on current events and Bible prophecy at News4Living.wordpress.com His book, The Alpha & Omega Bible Code offers information on the books of Daniel and Revelation that readers that has mostly 5-star reviews. https://youtu.be/JBMlMKRAPvA